Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project improvements? Waterfall flooded my HP printer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mramos1

Here's a good one. I came into work today. The receptionist was in a panic as the boss let us leave early on Good Friday, and she forgot to turn off the waterfall (a glass window water is pumped to the top and drips down. What happens, if water level gets low (do to evaporation), the air in the lines bounces the water off the glass on her back desk.

Lucky thing was her new HP all-in-one printer caught the bulk of the water in it and the wood floors are safe.

The water pours in a bunch of pretty rocks, so a float will not work.. (I wonder how many papers will end up in school on this one).

My plans, two probes to op-amp or transistor to a uC, then uC to power to a solid state relay to kill the power. Costly yes, but simple.

Anyone have a clever, froogle way to do it. (She has a reminder at 5PM to turn it off in her computer, that does not work when she leaves early).

How about a water level indicator, or better and easier would be a timer to turn the thing off at 5pm. They sell those at hardware stores, but thats no fun!

hyedenny.

We have a timer, but it runs on Sat and Sunday. No one is there. We still have the problem.

Stevez.

Not a bad idea, but I do not want to break the system. Rather do it from the outside, so I thought sample the problem (no water in the stones) and open a relay to kill AC to the pump.

mramos1 said:
hyedenny.

We have a timer, but it runs on Sat and Sunday. No one is there. We still have the problem.

Stevez.

Not a bad idea, but I do not want to break the system. Rather do it from the outside, so I thought sample the problem (no water in the stones) and open a relay to kill AC to the pump.
I have a Westek TE05W 7-day timer with LCD display that works great. I think it was about US $20.

Ahh! A 7 day timer would do it.. I figured that would be a pricey item as opposed to the $10+ 24 hours.

Maybe I should have googled myself. Will check them out. Thanks Ron.

What is funny, I was asked to make two, one for the salt water fish tank in the office. So I will probably have to make one now, but the fountain will
work fine with the 7 day timer.

mramos1 said:
Ahh! A 7 day timer would do it.. I figured that would be a pricey item as opposed to the $10+ 24 hours.

Maybe I should have googled myself. Will check them out. Thanks Ron.

What is funny, I was asked to make two, one for the salt water fish tank in the office. So I will probably have to make one now, but the fountain will
work fine with the 7 day timer.
Mike, I think I bought the 7 day timer at Walmart.

Ron H was wondering if you have instructions on how to program the
Westek TE05W digital timer?? Lost mine and can't quite figure it out..

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back