Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

cs200939

hi i am a computer science student and studying Circuit Analysis as a subject in my third semester.i ve covered first order differential equations including capacitors and inductors and have just started second order differential equations.Now my teacher has asked us to build a project relating to what we have studied so far.since i am totaly new to these new chapters ,i cant come up with any good ideas.so kindly tell me any interesting ideas you people have which offcourse you have.make sure they are easily implementing as i dont have much expierence with circuits, but should be quite interesting so that i can have good marks in it.So please hurry.Awaiting your reply.Thank you

do you have knowledge in transistors, etc?

Neon R/C flasher, speaker crossover, a lot more if you can do transistors. Andy

no not much.ii hav studied transistors but never practicaly implemented them.i just want a couple of capacitors,resistors ,gates and other basic circuit components patched up and making a simple project but a good one.i know there are a lot of cool stuff you can make when it comes to energy storage elements so plz simple yet awesome:)

Stick to the basics; a 2nd order butterworth lowpass filter. Lots of web resources to help.

joule theif is good but the teacher is not going to let me finish off with my project in just a single day:). and i really dont know whats a butterworth lowpass filter.guys i just need a simple idea!!.like christmas lights or a LED counter that counts from 0-9 by using capacitors or whatsoever.the main focus is on energy storage elements that are capacitors and inductors.so a project idea should be the one that includes these..RLC circuits i mean offocurse!!..but i just cant present a RLC circuit on a breadboard .i should relate it to some daily applications.i hope i made it clear .please think up.thanks:).and thanks for all the suggestions so far

this is one of the circuit

energy storage?
Untitled-1j.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg
3v -100v

Last edited:
joule theif is good but the teacher is not going to let me finish off with my project in just a single day:). and i really dont know whats a butterworth lowpass filter.guys i just need a simple idea!!.like christmas lights or a LED counter that counts from 0-9 by using capacitors or whatsoever.the main focus is on energy storage elements that are capacitors and inductors.so a project idea should be the one that includes these..RLC circuits i mean offocurse!!..but i just cant present a RLC circuit on a breadboard .i should relate it to some daily applications.i hope i made it clear .please think up.thanks:).and thanks for all the suggestions so far

How about a christmas lights or a LED counter that counts from 0-9 by using capacitors or whatsoever.

Hey friend, i suggest you to make "multi vibrators" . especially the Astable multivibrator circuit. It has two LEDs glowing alternatively. Dont think it as a simple circuit. by changing the values of resistor and capacitor present in it you can vary the flashing speed of the LED. So as you asked. this is a simple project whose output can be varied using CAPACITOR AND RESISTOR.
Instead of glowing the Led you can connect the output to the oscilloscope and shown some waveforms to your staff. If you are ok with this project means tell me, i'll provide the circuit diagram or you can surf it in web. meanwhile i'll tell another projects for you[LATEX][LATEX][/LATEX][/LATEX]

you can also build an simple FM transmitter. It uses all the three RLC components combined with transistor. This cicuit is very simple and has few components only. easy to build. i don know how to upload photos otherwise i would have attached it.

Last edited:
i don know how to upload photos otherwise i would have attached it.
just go to advanced reply and then you can upload pics in your PC by using the attachment icon and from web by using

ummm bad news i cant use an IC in the project..it should be totally non- electroniuc:).actually the teachers want us to focus on RLC because thats the stuff we have studied but anyway thanx

yeah multivibrator sounds good and if FM transmitter is as simple as your say then its Awesome man.plz kindly upload the circuit diagram. and what about a radio?..i know it also has RLC theory in it?

by the way how i am suppose to show the signal that FM transmitter will send?..the is quite interesting but its quite off my knowledge too but if you can make me understand it then its no problemo:)

Fm transmitter circuit

i would suggest an "Model Heterodyne Radio" if you are an Average Electronics user, but unfortunately you are computer science student.
**broken link removed**
If you have any doubts in assembling this means feel free to ask dude

I am very sorry for that big image messing the forum width. i really don know how to upload the pics.
(@mods and admins : please help me )

Last edited:
and one of my seniors told me about this display pad made up of lines of LEDs on which u can print words by turning on appropiate LEDs but in a way like if i want to display "Adam", it starts like every LED turns on after every 1 second and thus gives an impression as if the name is actually being written on the pad!.i hope i was clear on this:|

thanx alot.no its fine.i can pretty much understand the ciruit except the antenna and mic...i have never used them so tell me their specifications as well? and in brief tell me what does this circuit do exactly?..and how i am suppose to show its output..thanks once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back