Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Project] HomeMade Turbo Xbox 360 Controller-Shoot Semi-Auto Guns on Full-Auto!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila

First off, I did not design this circuit, I got it from http://cparsell.googlepages.com/555timerrapidfire, who apparently got it from "JaradC01" on these forums. But I did build it

Description: This mod adds two Momentary N.O. push buttons on the bottom of the controller[operated with the middle finger], which act as two extra triggers hooked up to a 555 timer circuit. These triggers recycle[turn on then off] at around 100 hertz [times per second]. The original plans have a frequency of around 5 hertz, which I changed by lowering the value of R1 and R2 to 1K Ohms each. Everything else follows the schematic on the site, except for the potentiometer, which I removed.

TUTORIAL

Building the circuit: A relatively simple design, I built mine on E-Z Route. After designing the circuit, use special paper [not sure of it's name] to print it out, then heat press the paper onto a copper board, then use acid to burn away the extra copper [the ink protects the design]. After that, use a dremel to drill the holes in the pads. Then install the components [insert into pads + solder]. After that, connect the components that require wires [pushbuttons, ground wire, +5v wire, L Trigger wire, R Trigger wire]. Now for the fun part.

To dissasemble the controller, unscrew all 6 visible screws, then the one screw hidden by the sticker[warranty is now voided]. Next, gently remove the top half of the clamshell, taking along with all the buttons. You should be left with the main circuit board, with the two thumbsticks still attached. Directly above the two triggers[which are connected to the bottom of the board] you should see three soldered pins in a row. Solder the L Trigger wire the the middle pin of the left trigger side, the same for the right side. Now for the power.

Gently pull the wire[I did this on a wired controller] up, to separate it from the bottom clamshell. After doing this, you should be able to lift the main circuit board up. Follow the power cord[on the bottom] until it splits into four wires. The black wire is ground, and the red is +. Follow the black wire up to the topside of the board, and solder your ground wire[from your circuit] onto the ground wire from the power cord, on the top side of the board. Do the same for the red wire, which corresponds to your +5v wire. Next is adding the "triggers".

To add the triggers, drill two holes in the bottom of the controller, where your middle fingers usually rest. I opted to make these holes simply by rotating an exacto knife in the hole, until it reached the perfect size. Your pushbuttons should have threads on them, so simply rotate them slowly while applying pressure, to get them securely in the holes.

The hard part: closing the goddamn thing back up again. First off, ignore the top half of the controller until you have the bottom half sorted out. Adjust the 8 wires now inside your controller so that they avoid any of the areas the buttons touch. To do this, I had to cut out many plastic supports and braces from the bottom half, and the supports that hold in the two force-feedback motors-on the top clamshell[I glued them in instead]. Also, I had to remove a section of the grey plastic that surrounds the mic-plug, to make room for the wires[which travel out the rear of the controller, then underneath it to the 555 circuit]. Once you have the wires and triggers sorted out, replace the top half of the controller To do this, turn the bottom half upside down, so that you can place the top half on without any of the buttons falling out. Replace all seven screws, and your done!

Almost done, that is. The final step is building a case for your 555 circuit [which I made out of plastic].

Results: My Gow pistol is shooting faster than ever, and all I have to do is hold the push button down! The left-trigger push button only has a use in Halo[dual-wielding] and I haven't tried it yet.

Notes: I'm going to experiment with the values of R1 and R2 to see if I can increase or stabilize the ROF[as of now, the ROF speeds up and slows down randomly].

Here are some pics, sorry for the quality:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back