Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

project help

Status
Not open for further replies.

irfi

i m a telecom student and i want to make a project thet is related to telecom.
so give me ur ideas plzzz.

Lol, this thread is priceless. :D

If you think tin cans are microcontrollers then go and get a job in McDonald's now.

Bill,
I have a couple of suggestions for your design. Your string looks a little short. I think it is possible to use a 25 foot string for long distance as long as proper tension is applied and maintained at all times. I once saw a version that used wax coated paper cups. The string was then connected internally using shirt buttons so the string would not pull through. I think the added flexibility provided less signal attenuation. I don't know if those kind of cups are available anymore but perhaps those plastic Solo cups can be used.
Dale

I've been having trouble with the long string version.
I wanted this
**broken link removed**

The problem seems to be this.
**broken link removed**

I've found nylon fishing line and plastic cups to be the best. With a line of 5 meters the sound is deafening if someone is talking into the other cup.

Steal wire would also be good but I've never tried it.

You also can make a phone by connecting two speakers back-to-back but the volume is really low.

I may one day use this amplifier on the cup, awesome yes...
**broken link removed**

Bill,
Great idea and wireless too. Note that the transmitter is simular to the receiver and with a little more design, you can have a full duplex system where each end transmits and receives.
Dale

Last edited:
In 1980 I made a speakerphone that used a new Motorola IC. It worked much better than expensive Japanese speakerphones that were sold then.

Now good speakerphones (Polycom) are full duplex and use DSP to make acoustical echo cancellers. They adapt to the acoustics of the room but if a door opens then they go crazy. Then the software quickly gets them back on track.

i m not sleeping..
i made a project "computer controlled car using parallel interfacing"now i want to make it wireless or it is possible to control it from internet???
give some ideas plz and don't make fun of me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back