Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Hey guys i am starting a nice project. I havent seen much info online for this. I want to use a PSP LCD. Now i think i can do it but have to get help and advice from you guys. I know i cant do it alone.

This is the process im considering. It will require:

1. A PIC18F (almost any)
2. a ARM7 (almost any(large pin count))
3. Time and your help

When done i will share source and images and any help i can give.

I need to know if my idea is good. The idea is:

Program a ARM7 such as the LPC2103 to control the LCD by sending all required signals for color and sync. Also by reading some external RAM. The ARM will do all the refreshing and loading of image data. Im considering using a Memory card like SD as my RAM. Only because i can then plug to PC and load BMPs and such to it. Also its cheaper and has ton more space.

Now the main thing the would be able to do is Get a file list and select images to load to LCD. The pic will tell the arm which picture to load. and store it in internal RAM. Then use that to display to lcd until a new image is needed.

There of course will be a draw command. To draw boxes and such.

Or do you think i should just make a VGA controller? This way i can use Monitors and things like **broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back