Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project for my little bros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Mamma

I have a basic understanding of electricity and electronics. I am trying to make a remote control toy for my little brother and am running into road blocks that I havent been able to figure out. We have a working model of the toy, but want to simplify it. (My brother is 5.)

Here it is:
We took apart a RC car for the parts to suit our needs. There is a switch to turn the motor one way and then push the button the opposite direction to switch the polarity. Your basic $10 RC toy.

1. We would like to use a wireless remote with a single push button switch.
2. Press the button one time and send the motor 180 degrees until it reaches resistance and then stop power to the motor.
3. Press the same button on the remote and reverse the poloarity to send the motor 180 degrees in the opposite direction and stop the power.

My problem is that I do not know what components (swithces?) are available to fill and dump the capacitors, stop the flow of electricity, and reverse the polarity. It seems like a fairly basic circuit. I am just not familiar enough in with this field to know what tools are at my disposal. Any help or direction you could point us in would be appreciated!

implant micro-switches in the front and rear which cut off the power to the motor, or reverse the power probably on the H bridge already in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back