Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Progress report

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllVol

A month ago, I received my PICkit2 and plunged into this mad world of PIC programming.

The attachment is intended to share some of what I have learned so far.

What I call my "Learning Board" actually demonstrates four applications of PIC programming through assembly. At the bottom right is a 12F683 multiplexed to drive six LEDs in sequence 1-6.

Above that, a 16F505 is simply showing the two states available from one output pin.

At the top left, a 16F688 is outting a six second delay, then a string of ten pulses which drives the hand-held calculator through an NPN transistor.

And last, the 12F509, which acts as the main on-off switch, powering the entire board through a TIP 31 transistor.

Not shown are my LCD board, and a light-dark detector using the comparator of a 12F683, in daily use as a night light in the Grandson's room.

I feel I've made a bit of progress in a month's time. Where can I go from here?

Edit: by the way, thanks to all for the knowledge picked up here while lurking.

Attachments

• P7160012.JPG
    P7160012.JPG
    697.9 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Thnks, Mike. The chips used were all samples from Microchip, and I have a couple more on the way, including an 877a.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back