Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming PICs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rasclerhys

Hi,

I want to be able to write code for my PIC but dont really have time to learn BASIC or any other language. Does anyone know of any software that allows you to drag and drop 'blocks' to create the code (even if you have to pay for the software).??

Thanks

Rhys

Whatever happened to the days where if you wanted to play with things which required the acquisition of advanced knowledge then you either put forth the effort to acquire the required advanced knowledge or you didn't get to play?

I am not a big fan of flowcode except for teaching where you can make the student stop using it.

From what I have seen flowcode works OK for simple stuff but as complexity increases you may as well be using Basic or c.

Do yourself a favor and take the time to learn Basic or c.

we are susposed to use flow code at my school but i hate it it can be way harder to get anything done in it than it is in C i think C is worth learning especialy if you get a book that dosnt use alot of the C shorthand like ++ etc then it is as easy to read (nearly) as basic but with way more power (sorry basic fans)
lg

I think C is worth learning especialy if you get a book that dosnt use alot of the C shorthand like ++ etc then it is as easy to read (nearly) as basic but with way more power (sorry basic fans)
lg

I am currently an assintant on a microcontroller course for second year students. I would like to find a good book on "Embedded C-programming". Many C-books start with command line applications which rely heavily on the operating system and the standard library.. this is not suitable for learning c for microcontrollers. All "embedded c" books that I've found are written for one specific microcontroller and they talk a lot about how to use some specific peripheral etc.. this is not exactly what I'm searching either. I'm already planning on writing some embedded c -handout from scratch, but that is a lot of work. Any tips for good books?

i will have a look through the books i have on sunday i use c18 but most the books i read are for other compilers but that dosnt seem to matter its more about how they explain a way of doing things such as while(1) things like that are the same in all the books the things like how a pin is defined in each compiler dosnt matter so much because once you know how to get the info from the .h file in the compiler all that kind of stuff is in there. anyway thats how i see it but i will try and get you a list of the books i realy like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back