Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programming pics and other controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mataston

i hope someone can help i have pic basic which i use to program my pics, but it seems everywhere i go people write stuff in c language, is microsfts visual c the same thing or something different???? also it seems functions on pic controllers are not always available via the basic method. anyone know where i can info on learning c programming do i need c programming software???

thanks for the help guys.

C

Microchip has a free version of C. Their MPLAB2 IDE with the C18 C Compiler student version. Best bet is to get a good book on C. Nothing fancy or specific like for Windows programming, just the basic syntax is all that is needed for PICs since you are just doing embedded programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back