Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming PIC16F877 to control stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

prowler_sn

Hi there, Im new to this whole microcontroller thing. Im doing a personal project in which I want to control a stepper motor. I have an Atmel At89 ISP Cable, A PIC16F877 MC, several stepper motor drivers but i would like to use the ULN2003AN ( cause i saw a diagram online in which a PIC16f877 and ULN2003an is used...so im using that :)). i also have the following stepper Motor drivers: UC3717AN, UC3770AN, UC3770BN, and TPIC2701 IC.
my questions are:
1) can i program the PIC16 MC using the Atmel At89ISP cable? or do i need to get an Atmel MC?
2) if i DO need to get an Atmel MC, which one should i get, given Im a rookie and im not doing anything complicated but programing a stepper motor.
3) is there anywhere online or maybe someone already has done it (im sure) a detailed diagram as to how to put these things together, step by step.
step 1: how to connect the MC to PC (pin by pin)
step 2: how to program MC
step 3: how to connect the MC and driver togather ( i think i got that step:))
step 4: how to connect the stepper motor to the driver.
etc...
so farI have figured out the coils and centre taps of the stepper motor, have downloaded the Atmel software. Have a vague idea about the programing. but i dont know which cable pin goes to which pin of the MC? and even though i have read the data sheet of both the MC and driver im still confused. I have attached a diagram (i got it from the web, so im not taking credit for it) which makes some sort of sense but still doesnt explain how i should connect the MC to the PC to program it. I have even downloaded Proteus Pro and am trying to understand it. I know some of you might say "just buy a MC programmer or stepper motor programer but i would like to do it all and learn it. thanks in advance for the help. and sorry for a long post.
regards
SN

Attachments

• Stepper_Circuit_initial.png
    Stepper_Circuit_initial.png
    326.8 KB · Views: 303
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back