Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming HEX file with MPlab/Inchworm

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregmcc

I'm busy building a LCF project from an elektor magazine. I've got the asm and hex file and would like to know how to program it with mplab (using a inchworm)

If I open the asm file and compiled it with mplab there's a ton or errors, so I thought since i've also got the compiled .hex file I could just write it to the PIC.

Can I just open the hex file in mplab and program it? Or does mplab automatically compile the asm file and them program it.

If it's the one I'm thinking of?, the HEX file doesn't work either - it was bizzarely asembled with masses of blank bytes stored in the HEX file, and pieces of the code missing.

Its the one by John Becker - LCFmet790.asm Correction - Its also from everyday practical eletronics and not elektor.

gregmcc said:
Its the one by John Becker - LCFmet790.asm Correction - Its also from everyday practical eletronics and not elektor.

That's a different matter then, that file works fine.

The source code probably isn't written for MPASM, John Becker had never even heard of MPASM until I told him about it years back, he was using a shareware assembler instead?.

To load the HEX file, try File/Import.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back