Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programming for PIC 16F877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooney_04

hi....
i need to send few digital data through pic16f877a . Doesn't matter the digital data is a 4 bit or 8 bit. The basic concept i use pic16f7887a as my transmitter to transmitter digital. So for example i would send 00001100 and transmit through rs232 communication. How should i do that ? how would be the programming code.?

Here is the Microchip information and documents for that chip...
PIC16F877

I would read the data sheet, especially the configuration bits section and the USART section.

Then on the same page above under Reference Manual is one called ""USART - PICmicro Mid-Range MCU Family". I would read that and also download any source code if provided.

Then if programming in C, I would poke around in the include directory of the compiler I am using and look for anything called USART.h or related. Then look through that. And search the compiler documents to see if there was any information about the USART.

I found the above treasure trove of infromation by going to www.microchip.com, then searching for 16f877a, then found not much of anything, so then I removed the "a" and searched for 16f877, then found the above.

hi....
i need to send few digital data through pic16f877a . Doesn't matter the digital data is a 4 bit or 8 bit. The basic concept i use pic16f7887a as my transmitter to transmitter digital. So for example i would send 00001100 and transmit through rs232 communication. How should i do that ? how would be the programming code.?

hi,
Look at Nigel's tutorial link, its near my signature on this post....

but i m using CSS C compiler ...how i can do that?
Obviously as you are not using assembler you cannot.:rolleyes:
You should have stated the programming language that you are using.

I do not work in 'C' but other members do, so I am sure someone will help out.:)

Hi, look at this page. It lists examples in which Serial communication has been carried out. The "Simple A/D" example shows you how to send data and how to receive data.

CCS, Inc. - CCS C Compiler Example Programs

Its pretty simple since sending data is accomplished by using the printf function. The USART is configured by the

#use rs232(baud=9600,xmit=PIN_C6,rcv=PIN_C7)

line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back