Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming failed at 0000h

Status
Not open for further replies.

macobt

J have a problem with my JDM programer,I allready program one chip pic16f84 and when j try too prograam other pic16f84 next day the mesage was Programming failed at 0000h,I check that I can read from pic but I cant proraming,and I try too prograam the same code of the first pic and same mesage.
here is picture with my problem,And picture of my programer.
Which voltages J supost to measure too the harwere?

Attachments

• failed.jpg
    failed.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 226
  • programmer.jpg
    programmer.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 220
The JDM programmer is at best hit and miss. Chances are your problem lies with the voltage generation and current handling of your serial port. Not to mention various timing related issues.

Very often the serial port is able to supply sufficient voltage and current to actually program a device, or at least flip a few bits, but sags over time when trying to erase the device, which allows the device to drop out of programming mode or locks it up. The device has to be erased each time you wish to re-program it and therein lies your problem.

Get a PicKit2 or one of Bill's Junebug's or similar clone programmer, it will save you all manner of heartache in the long run.

rgds

J have a problem with my JDM programer,I allready program one chip pic16f84 and when j try too prograam other pic16f84 next day the mesage was Programming failed at 0000h,I check that I can read from pic but I cant proraming,and I try too prograam the same code of the first pic and same mesage.
here is picture with my problem,And picture of my programer.
Which voltages J supost to measure too the harwere?
Of the available schematics of JDMs, this is perhaps ranks the lest.
Better you use a one attached below, by DL4YHF. it has to be powered from external supply. It works reasonable well.

Attachments

• dl4yhf programmer.gif
    dl4yhf programmer.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 420
Can J on this programmer make suplay of 12 volts,and how to wire??

Attachments

• programmer.jpg
    programmer.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 179
I have a jdm programer that has worked fine for a long time. That said it may be the programmer. But here is something simpler. Did you change the target device and not notice it? Check all the configuration specs that might have been changed.

I have a jdm programer that has worked fine for a long time. That said it may be the programmer. But here is something simpler. Did you change the target device and not notice it? Check all the configuration specs that might have been changed.
I have check all the setings,and same mesage and j try too other computer same mesage.
Do you have simple jdm programer with external suplay,because J dont know that my por gives 13v

use 1N4148 for all BAT diodes
I try with your programmer and j use 1n4148,still j get same mesage,do you have any schematic simple for paralel port DB25,I think problem is in my serial port,J dont know for sure,The last one is to try with paralel port.
Regards
macobt

Please help

Help me to fix my problem,J cant program the chip,give me sure schematic for programmer to build and too work:(

I try with your programmer and j use 1n4148,still j get same mesage,do you have any schematic simple for paralel port DB25,I think problem is in my serial port,J dont know for sure,The last one is to try with paralel port.
Regards
macobt

perhaps, you are expected to select and lock to the port (COM1, 2 etc) that you are actually connected to. and you can perform a hardware ceck. when you face a problem, we have to hold there , look around and find reasons for that. just shifting to parallel , then, if it also fails, go to usb ....no end.
cool
sit and sort out what must be happening. DL4YHF model works fine
as you pointed out, i doubt that you are not using the same port what is indicated in settings Hardware- select the port that you have really used.

if com1 is busy, free it and use

all the best

In "Hardware Settings", increse the I/O Delay (20).

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_01 Feb. 01 11.26.gif
    ScreenHunter_01 Feb. 01 11.26.gif
    9.2 KB · Views: 210
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back