Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programming code of pic16f877 for speech recognition wheelchair

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajk1112

i am doing a project on speech recognition wheelchair.i am unable to make a programme code for this project.i am using using pic16f877 micro controller.i am using five command to operate the wheelchair like forward,back,left,right,stop.if anybody have programme code either in C code or Assembly language or anyother for this project,please send it to me on my id "raj.sramss.kumar@gmail.com".

Speech recognition is very hard to implement. Even home computers using lots of CPU cycles cannot completely understand human voice every time and be reliable at it. It may be doable if you have all day on your hands for months and you decide to use a much more powerful IC such as the DSPIC30 series. For this reason I have never heard of anybody actually accomplishing this.

The microphone will also need amplification circuitry and a good quality DAC converter. The other problem is the device will not know when to stop moving left or right unless they constantly said stop and so it would stop suddenly and the user would then need to say go again. this is less ergonomic for people to use than using a much cheaper and simpler joystick.

Unless you make very reliable code it would be a hazard as well because it could misunderstand you and so the user may find themselves in the wall :D

Edit: Actually i found a DSPIC30 libary here for speech reconition: **broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back