Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming AT89C2051 via USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy a USB programmer - any USB programmer needs a processor on board, which itself needs programming - so you need to either buy one ready built, or buy a pre-programmer processor from somewhere.

explorerbaba said:
Can someone tell me how to program an At89C2051 MCU via USB.
If possible please suggest a circuit for the programmer.

You can do it *WITHOUT* another processor if you can switch to AT89S2051 instead. I am currently working on it, but the idea is to use a usb to serial cable, then, use some vicious bit banging techniques to simulate SPI protocol...

Some sites outhere allready made it, but only for AVRs.. i'am trying to do it for 89Sxx microcontrollers..

ikalogic said:
You can do it *WITHOUT* another processor if you can switch to AT89S2051 instead. I am currently working on it, but the idea is to use a usb to serial cable, then, use some vicious bit banging techniques to simulate SPI protocol...

The problem with that is the massive latency of USB, you can manipulate a serial port in real time, you can't USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back