Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming 16F690 for LED display

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastline

We are working on a little project. reading temperature with a thermistor and displaying with a 7 segment led display. We want to use the 16F690 unless something else comes recommended and is cheap.

One function we are looking to do is force all lit segments to blink when a certain temp is met so as to give a warning. We could do this in several different variations I guess. Just curious if anyone has good experience programming this chip and could offer any resources for them? I will admit that we are green on PIC stuff so using this project as a learning tool..

Speak slowly.....lol:)

The thing about using a thermistor to find out temperature from an ADC is that you need a voltage divider, and the output is not linear, it is logarithmic. I would suggest using an lm35? or a ds18s20 instead. Probably the lm temp sensor.

We want to use the 16F690...

Just curious if anyone has good experience programming this chip.
:)

The 16F690 is the chip Microchip supplies with their PICkit2 and low-count demo board, so many people have experience with it. It is a very solid uC, with plenty of pins to do the job and lots of features.

The data sheet is available on-line to assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back