Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorGnet

After playing with my current programmer(JDM), I have decided to build a new one. After defending my trusty JDM I found out that my new motherboards are not putting out the juice needed.

I'm having an issue finding a programmer schematic that I like. Most I find are either JDM clones or require preprogrammed pics. Can someone point me to a reliable serial programmer schematic that uses outside power that does not require other pics?

And I'm sorry, I know that this has been beat'n to death.

Last edited:
How about the P16Pro? I got the schematic off your site Nigel but I need the exact parts list.

The parts are all listed on the circuit, and it's a parallel port programmer - as you've found out, serial port programmers based on the JDM aren't very good.

However, moving to a USB based PICKit2 or clone is a MUCH better idea than trying to use decades old programmers that use ports no longer fitted on new PC's. The Junebug kit is reasonably priced, and is popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back