Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programmer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

inktomi

Hi, I'm getting into PIC programming, so I built Bob Blick's Tait Style programmer to program a 16F84A chip. I tried to use IC-PROG but I'm getting verify error at 0000h (code protection is off).

I used the hardware check and measured all the voltages without the PIC and everything seems OK. The MCLR pin has a voltage of 13.1V when on. I then inserted the PIC and measured the voltages again, however the RB6 and RB7 pins are at 2.2V when high. Is this normal? To my understanding of the way the circuit is designed, the voltage on the RB6, RB7 pins will be the voltage set by the potential divider: ie. pull up and input resistance of the PIC pin.

Also, the parallel cable I'm using is about 1m long. Is this an issue with Bob's circuit or should I cut it or terminate it properly?

Thank you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back