Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programmer MOSFET

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorGnet

The programmer I am working on building calls for a 2N7000 N MOSFET and a 2106a P MOSFET. Could I get away with using a standard NPN and a PNP transistor in place of these?

How are we supposed to know?

It depends on the circuit, you haven't provided enough information.

It's possible but you need to add some base resistors - I'd suggest 100k for Q1 and 10k for Q2.

I would suggest that if you insist on building a programmer then you build a Tait style programmer. Buy the part(s) you need for a Tait and build it. Stay away from the EL Cheapo.

Your goal should be to build a PICkit 2 clone, which you can do as soon as you can program a 18F2550. All the parts to build a PICkit 2 clone are available from Futurlec except for the USB connector; however, the 18F2550 is cheaper from Newark.

Thank you everyone. I'm going to build a new programmer such as the Pickit 2 after this one. I just need one for some more testing this week and I figured it would give me another project to work on for more practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back