Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programmer for PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anurag_Singh

Can anyone tell me a simple pic 16F628 programmer.
It should be reliable and the circuit must be simple so that it's homebuilt version could be easily made (ie; no PCB work involved)

Please reply soon...

try P16PRO... :)

I play with a JDM because it works for me but generaly they got problems because not all motherboards outuput the voltage needed to program a microcontroler.

Last edited:
Anurag_Singh said:
Can anyone tell me a simple pic 16F628 programmer.
It should be reliable and the circuit must be simple so that it's homebuilt version could be easily made (ie; no PCB work involved)

Please reply soon...

hi,
Look here:
Nigels pages.

ericgibbs said:
hi,
Look here:
Nigels pages.

The circuit given on the nigel's site is not understood by me.

1)The spacing or connecting different pics are not shown there,
2)The interconnection of two circuits given is not understandeable by me,
3)The parts list are not given separately.

Please help me in these respects....

Go for JDM B version with external power supply
you don't have to wire the 18pin socket.
you can put your chip in bredboard and connect only those wires (Vdd, Vpp, Gnd, Data and Clock) wires.
the rest of the circuit can be wired and these pins brought out to a 6 pin connector (6th pin for any other use tomorrow). have a small cable interconnecting the JDM B an d the bered board where the device under programs sits.
Try googling for JDMB

whiz115 said:
try P16PRO... :)

I play with a JDM because it works for me but generaly they got problems because not all motherboards outuput the voltage needed to program a microcontroler.

You mean to say that the performance of a JDM programmer depends on PC to PC.
So using a different PC could solve my problem???

A JDM programmer is far more likely to work on an old PC and very unlikely to work on a new one.

Mike.

Anurag_Singh said:
You mean to say that the performance of a JDM programmer depends on PC to PC.
So using a different PC could solve my problem???
Why not indicate what type of PC do you have with make & Model. perhaps you can even measure the DC voltage on pin3 of the COM port with respect to Pin5 (Gnd).
this info will help guide whether JDM is likely to work for you

I would try to change my recommendation-- Instead of JDM B please try
A programmer for FLASH- and EPROM-based PICs

http://freenet-homepage.de/dl4yhf/winpic/index.htm

This works with external supply and it s better as it complies needs like Vpp before Vcc needed for few situations.

Last edited:
mvs sarma said:
Why not indicate what type of PC do you have with make & Model.
this info will help guide whether JDM is likely to work for you

I have an old Compaq presario PC with 531Mhz Intel Celeron processor.
Is this info enough to understand the prob??/

I hope that JDM B will also work on this. But to be sure and one go better assemble DL4YHF model from the link i provided at the last post. It will work for your Machine, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back