Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programmer.. DB25 -> DB9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedos

Hi,
Would hooking up my Inchworm with a DB25 <-> DB9 cable to program from MPLAB work? Is it basically the same thing?

Thanks

Assuming you mean to hook it up to a DB25 serial port (and not a DB25 parallel port or something else), I can't see any reason it wouldn't work either. Though, I'm sort of surprised anyone would actually have a computer with a DB25 serial port (I've never even seen one in person!), especially one that could run MPLAB! :)

Yes it should work.

I don't have a DB25 serial port.. it's a standard parallel port for printers.. could MPLAB communicate through it as if it was a serial port?

evandude said:
Assuming you mean to hook it up to a DB25 serial port (and not a DB25 parallel port or something else), I can't see any reason it wouldn't work either. Though, I'm sort of surprised anyone would actually have a computer with a DB25 serial port (I've never even seen one in person!), especially one that could run MPLAB! :)

Guess I'm old I have seen them on old ISA based PCs... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back