Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programme a IC for play a recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolbird

hey friends,
I'm intending to create a device which would help people cannot who speak (Dumb people) for express their needs.
Idea is to play a recording when we press a switch. Recording could be "I'm Hungry" or something similar to that.
But I'm no expert in Electronics. So, I need to know is it possible to use a programmed IC for this.
thank you.

There are plenty of chips out there that can be used for an application like that. A good example are greeting cards that play a prerecorded message when opened. However, given a choice, I think you would fair better using a visual text display than audio. The first reason being the amount of memory required for text versus audio.

Ron

Check **broken link removed** Addressable sound recording/playback ICs.
And, "dumb" is an archaic, and now considered rude, term for people that are speech impaired. :(

Ken

Ron,
thanks for the reply bro.........
Actually I thought to expand it for 8 recordings. So, I need to use a switch for each recording........ I think greeting card system could be use for the job.

I would start with the link Ken provided for the selection of IDS chips.
(CORRECTION) ISD Chips!

Ron

Last edited:
I would start with the link Ken provided for the selection of IDS chips.

Ron

Check **broken link removed** Addressable sound recording/playback ICs.
And, "dumb" is an archaic, and now considered rude, term for people that are speech impaired. :(

Ken

Ron,
I preferred greeting card system coz I didnt have much knowledge in electronics. But I'll try to get some help from one of my friend on that.

Ken,
thankzz for the link bro.......... I found it very informative. Anyway I'll give it a try & then talk to you.

Hi Ron,

I guess you meant "ISD".

Cheers

Hans

Hi Hans

Yep, that would be it. (Information Storage Devices, now Nuvoton). Leave it to me to screw the name up. :)

Actually really bad as I work with a guy who is the brother of the guy who started ISD and developed the first chips. I met Richard Simko once, unfortunately it was at his brother's funeral so not the best times for technology exchange.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back