Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

program requirments for controlling Bluesmirf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markelectro

Hello everyone
Could you please advise me on computer programs that I would reqire to control a Bluesmirf connection and a device I want to create?

To simplify.

I want to crate a switch for a Battery opperated Lamp that is to be controlled via my PC.The connection from the pc to my lamp would be bluetooth dongle on the pc.and a bluesmirf radio kit on the lamp.

I want a very simple usser friendly program that is windows based to controll the connection.Can you help me gain the knowladge on how to create this program?

Thanks for looking Mark

IIRC the smirf shows up as a bluetooth to serial device ... so on your windows side, you need to use the visual basic MSCOMM control (or similar for the lang. of your choice)

for the device side, you need something with a UART to receive and understand the serial signals.

personally, at $45-60 a pop for smirfs, I'd ask myself, is a remote controlled lamp an ideal application for such an expensive device? you might want to look at the **broken link removed** modules, which can be found various places for under $20 ... the application on the PC would be the same, all it needs to know is it's talking to a serial device.

hi friends!
i cant really solve the problem u have got , but i also have a similar kind of problem. in my project i have a bluetooth module connected to a mirocontroller. and a pc with a bt dongle. now i want to send some data from the mu c to the pc. but i want a software that will establish the connection betn the dongle n the module. there must be some such s/w. in short i want the s/w to take care of all the bt protocols and stacks and all that. if u have any idea about that plz reply.
bye the way u can use any mu c that supports UART connection like the one i`m planning to use AT90S8515. at the pc u can design a simple GUI to control the mu c.
i think our problem is more or less same.so i think lets get together and help each other.if u want any technical info. about bt, like the architecture or working, for eport say, then i`ve got a lot of it. for the mobile phones that have bt, we have a wizard that transfers files from pc to phone we need some such sotware.
and what is this "Bluesmirf ". what kind of bt module are u using?

so if u get any info. regarding tat plz inform, so will i.
bye

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back