Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Program an LCD Screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elec3

Hi I just joined, been looking around and there's alot of info here. I had a question I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I'm looking to put a couple of pictures on a small lcd screen. Im a newb to all this so Im not sure what exactly I should be searching. Do they sell LCD screens already assembled where I can just program it from my computer? Also, what's the difficulty level of a project like this?

Thanks in Advance

It's actually pretty difficult, unless you can find open source software for everything. Even then it's not a walk in the park.

Hi I just joined, been looking around and there's alot of info here. I had a question I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I'm looking to put a couple of pictures on a small lcd screen. Im a newb to all this so Im not sure what exactly I should be searching. Do they sell LCD screens already assembled where I can just program it from my computer? Also, what's the difficulty level of a project like this?

Thanks in Advance

I did something similar with an old LCD monitor.What I did was got a FPGA board and wrote the VGA driver on it.And connected the monitor to the FPGA board.
Creating a VGA driver on a FPGA is very easy.Be aware that if you are not familiar with VHDL or Handle-C , I think it might take about a week to get this project to a working stage.

If you want to program the LCD screen itself , I'm not sure whether you can do it easily.If you really want to try it, a start would be to hack the computer inside the LCD screen.Any attempt to do this might end up actually messing up the control unit of LCD monitor and make it unusable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back