Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Product Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaguar54

Has anyone found a way to identify a transistor by the Product manufacturers' number vice the COMPONENT manufacturers' number. Got 3 repairs stalled because I cannot id exactly what the part is. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jaguar54 said:
Has anyone found a way to identify a transistor by the Product manufacturers' number vice the COMPONENT manufacturers' number. Got 3 repairs stalled because I cannot id exactly what the part is. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I don't see as there could be any possible way, other than having complete access to the Product manufacturer.

A great deal depends on what the parts are, and what they are used for - often you can easily replace them by better specification components.

The obvious answer, if you can't decide on a replacement, is to get them as spare parts from the product manufacturer.

Re: getting from manufacturer

Companies like Tyco & Panasonic won't sell such things to a private person. You have to be "one of them" to get parts.

Re: getting from manufacturer

Jaguar54 said:
Companies like Tyco & Panasonic won't sell such things to a private person. You have to be "one of them" to get parts.

Generally you have to be an approved service agent, but you can always get your spares through an approved agent if you're not one yourself!. I can't comment on your country, but in the UK there are various spares wholesalers you can get parts through.

What parts are you talking about anyway?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back