Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problum understanding Load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidharth

Why one component have more load ther other, what dose it mean ?
Is it resistance or inductance when i say more load?

but if it's resistance then resistor slows it down , the flow of current.
even if it's inductor, it also slow blocks the AC after certain frequency which is known as Inductive reactance(XL)

so what is the fact :) why one com... loads more then other?

sid

Last edited:
First of all, you need to learn better English. You probably wouldn't like it very much if I posted an unintelligible question in your native language, would you?

OK, so you want to know why some devices are said to be more of a load than others, right?

The easiest case is pure resistance in a DC circuit. A resistor of lower value is said to be more of a load than one of higher value. (For example, a 10Ω resistor is twice as big a load as a 20Ω resistor, because it will cause twice the current to flow, given the same voltage.)

Things get more complicated in AC circuits with loads that are inductive (coils), capacitative or both. But basically it's the same as with DC circuits and resistors. Some combinations of L (inductance) and C (capacitance) have higher reactances than others. Think of reactance as "AC resistance". (It's actually not as simple as that, but it will suffice for this conversation.) Things with lower reactances look like bigger loads than those with higher reactances. (And of course, with AC, reactance depends on frequency as well as the L, C and R values.)

Does that help?

Your english isn't that bad. I've read much worse. Using a spell checker can help. A load is any device connected to the output of a circuit that alters the output current. A resistor will alter it by the equation I=V(output)/R(output). Loads can also be reactive ( inductive or capacitive) Reactive laods change the phase relationship between the output voltage and output current.

Last edited:
It is fun when so many people from foreign countries come here and mess up our English language.
Why do they come here and not chat in their own language on a website in their own country??

a "load" is generally anything connected to the output of a power supply or an amplifier (i.e. "sources") in which power from the source is used to perform work (whether in the form of heat in a resistance, or actual physical motion as in a speaker). with a power supply, the "load" can be other electronic devices. in audio amplifiers, the load is usually a speaker, in RF amplifiers, the load is an antenna (an antenna is a good example of a purely reactive load (pretty close at least)). the lower the resistance or reactance, the bigger the "load". the reason for this is with the same source voltage, a lower resistance draws more current, so the power dissipated (i.e. used) in the load is higher. for instance an amplifier with a 30Vrms output driving an 8 ohm load dissipates a little more than 100W in the load (simple method P=E²/R gives 112.5W). the same amplifier dissipates over 200W in a 4 ohm load (actually 225W). since the 4 ohm load uses more power when fed by the same voltage it's a "heavier" load.

Thank you all , i got it clearly.

what i have understood from you guys is as following
load is opposite of any kind of resistance, less the resistance more the current will be drawn from Vs, so it's said bigger the load is, right?

please correct if i am wrong,

Tks
Sid

Last edited:
alright thanks,

i really need a book in which all that sort of facts are mentioned.
i have few books but not satisfied, so i came-in here, but i really need one.

any idea?

Tks
Sid

Last edited:
and sorry to all of you here, if i made you feel bad about English, but my intuition wasn't that.

tks
sid

Last edited:
The lower the resistance (or impedance in the case of AC), the bigger the load.

Isn't that true only for constant voltage sources, or voltage regulated sources? If you have a constant current source then the bigger the resistance, the bigger the load.

Hi
I think no, because of the reason if the current can't flow then there is no load & if the flow of current increases load increases, if i am not wrong :).

and a max load can be Vs, a SHORT CIRCUIT, flow of total current, in that case whatever in parlance gets no current flow.

sid

Last edited:
I think no, because of the reason if the current can't flow then there is no load

Yes, but also if resistance goes to zero then there is no voltage and power goes to zero.

if the flow of current increases load increases, if i am not wrong :).

Yes, this is true also if the source is voltage regulated :)
But if the source is current regulated, it must increase voltage to keep the current constant when resistance increases. More voltage and same current means that more power is needed from the source -> more power is dissipated at the load.

Last edited:
ok, got it, see here in this arrangement where you have current regulatory sub system(crss) current will always be regulated by (crss), so this is done deliberately, i am not saying this is not a load, THIS IS, but this is artificial load (deliberately created load(indirect load) for proper functioning of a system). but when i say load i mean direct load.

Consider:

1 3Vs DC
1 Ammeter
1 Variable resistor
1 LED
1 switch

1) i fix all in series
2) i turn the resistor at its full Ohm's
3) i turned on the switch
4) i notice very small amount of current flowing through the Ammeter because of resistor is in between , as soon i reduse the ohm's by rotating resister, gate gets open for electrons to flow more, so now there is more of current flowing so called more Load.

I hope my English won't add any pressure to you, because it's not that good, and people also pointed me her as well. :)

tks
sid

You are right.. we are both right. Sorry if I confused you. I am at home bored.. nothing better to do :)

I hope my English won't add any pressure to you, because it's not that good, and people also pointed me her as well. :)

Your english is fine. Some people have nothing better to do than gripe and complain, and not be helpful. Don't worry about it so much, just keep learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back