Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with ViewSonic N2652W

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-o-b

We have 6 ViewSonic N2652W LCD monitor/tv's, 4 of which have just stopped working. I've checked the power supply and found several bad electrolytic cap in which I replaced them...also checked and varified the internal fuse...still nothing. Got 160 volts on the main primary filter cap, but that's it...no output from the supply. I'm guessing that the PS is the problem. Thought I could fix it.

Has anybody had a similar problem and/or know of the fix for this problem?

bob4analog@yahoo.com

Just because a power supply cap is blown doesn't mean it's the power supply, if something else inside the monitor as blown it could have taken the PS with it easily. Perhaps in the drive section for the screens backlight?

Check if there's any crowbar zeners, the duff capacitors may well have caused the HT to rise, blowing the crowbars. If there aren't any, it may well have blown something else.

If you've got any more of these, change the duff capacitors before it does more damage - use high quality, low ESR, 105 degree versions.

Red lights on viewsonic 2652w

I have a viewsonic 2652w that has no video, only a red light flashing when I turn it on, any ideas??? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back