Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problems with my compaq EVO N1000v

Status
Not open for further replies.

Need4skis

hey everyone, i found my dads old laptop from way back in the day. he said i can have it, which i am thrilled about, but it is broken. or something is wrong with it anyways, I'm not great with computers so bear with me. when i try to power it on, i can hear the fan, then it shows a screen with just COMPAQ on it, then it goes to the loading window of Microsoft windows XP. then it beeps, and the screen is black, but still on. also the fan shuts down. the laptop itself seems to be in good condition and i would love to have it work as a laptop for myself, but i don't know what the problem is or how to fix it, so if anyone has any ideas, i would really appreciate it. thanks

also, i forgot to note, the screen seems glitchy if that makses sense, when i move it lines move across, and it seems to kindof sputter when changing a page. i hit f10 once it was booting up, and it brought me to the computer setup page, not sure what to do here.

Last edited:
It sounds like the machine is shutting down though I wouldn't know if that is by protection design or a direct result of the fault, but faulty it is. The beeps will be a code so you need to google something like EVO BEEP CODES. Sorry can't help more than that at this point other than advise you try re-seating all components and connectors inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back