Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with digital clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

tphebert

Hello,

I builted a ttl digital clock, using 7490's, 7492's, and 7447. Its a 24 hour clock and works great. The only problem i am having is with the set switches. My first switch to turn the frequency , which is 1 hz, on and off to the clock works fine. The second switch is connected to the 1hz and the output is connected to the minutes 7490 Qa. The third switch is connected to the 1hz and the output is connected to the hour 7490 Qa. The minute switch when turned on will count to 5 the go to zero and then stay on zero. The hour switch will count to 3 go to zero then stay on zero. Will a capacitor help this problem,i haven't tried this yet. :)

TTL clock problems

Post us your diagramme.

It could have to do with no pull up or down resistors. reset and set TTL gates like to know what to do.

I think your problem may be switch bounce, but I'll wait until you post your schematic.
Anyway, I see you got your question posted. :)

Thanks

I made my schematic today, but my friend accidently picked it up. i'm trying to see if she can email it to me. I worked all day on it.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back