Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with compiling my program... Error - section '.org_1' can not....

Status
Not open for further replies.

si2030

Hi all,

I am now combining a number of smaller of programs together to work with the PIC16F877A.

All was going quite well until I tried to compile the program with an interrupt vector... it gives me the following error:

Error - section '.org_1' can not fit the absolute section. Section '.org_1' start=0x00000004, length=0x000000c2
Errors : 1

If I take this routine out of the program it compiles... I have tried to move it around but with no success..

I have included the zip file of the .ASM file and the three INCLUDES...

Hope you might have some ideas on this.

Kind Regards

Simon

Attachments

• FUNCTION_GEN_MAIN_P&.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 164
I dont do 16Fs, from what you describe, you are overlapping the interrupt vector and the program memory area, i would suggest performing a call to the interrupt program in the interrupt vector and writing the vector response elsewhere( after the main program for example). Also you can try putting a separate ORG for the main program as well rather then a label as you have done. For some reason your program is not compiling on my PC, otherwise would have tested them for you.

hi 2030,
I combined the includes into the main file, Oshonsoft dosn't handle Includes.
It assembles and runs OK.
AAesp01..gifView attachment FG_Comb1..asm

hi 2030,
I combined the includes into the main file, Oshonsoft dosn't handle Includes.
It assembles and runs OK.
View attachment 41062View attachment 41063

Thanks Eric, I used your code (thankyou for taking the time to construct the file) to identify where the interrupt should go and where the includes needed to go and it now works... again thankyou.

Wond3rBoy thankyou for responding - it helped as well

I did try and download the Oshonsoft product and got "Unexpected Error; quitting" It looked really good though..
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back