Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with astable flip-flop period

Status
Not open for further replies.

ani_wap

Hi,
I have built 2N2222 based led flasher with 1 greenish-blue led, I wanted the LED to flash at 1Hz rate. One strange thing I have noticed is that when I change the voltage from 3.6V to 4.8v to get more brightness, the frequency increases. I have designed other flashers too and I don't find the frequency & duty cycle reliable with voltage change. Has anyone else noticed this? Any suggestion on how to keep the precise timing of the flasher over a range of 2.7-4v? (I have used 10k resistors, 470uf and 22uf capacitors).

This would go much better if yopu posted a drawing or schematic.

Any suggestion on how to keep the precise timing of the flasher over a range of 2.7-4v? (I have used 10k resistors, 470uf and 22uf capacitors).

Depends on what you call precise but if you want accuracy consider the use of a crystal oscillator.

Any circuit theat pins accuracy to a handful of capacitors and resistors will not be very accurate.

Ron

Use a 555. It does much better keeping the period and width constant as a function of supply voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back