Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problems programming a EEPROM 24c64 (inside a silver card)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikaoj13

Hi;

i was wondering if anybody is having the same problems i am having programming a the EEPROM of a silvercard.
I am using ic-prog and works fine when I program the PIC 16F877 but when it comes to programing the EEPROM 14c64 I am not able to do so.

It strange but if I take the silvercard out, i get the same message.

MY configuration is the following

a) T-21 programmer for the EEPROM
b) selected SMARTARD as an option
c) selected the correct crystal speed

Can anyone help me?

thanks

joaquin

On a silvercard, just as a goldcard, the eeprom is not directly connected to the pins on the outside, it is only connected to the pic.

To program the eeprom you need to program it trough the pic. This means you program the pic with software wich will program the eeprom. Once the eeprom is programmed the pic is reprogrammed with the actual pic software...

hope this makes sense...

Hi,

UNderstood the process. But now some doubts arise.

The first file(SIM emulator) I program is for the PIC (16F877 of the silvercard)´s flash. And this works fine

My second file is for the EEPROM (24C64 of the silvercard). From your mail I understand that I need to overwrite on the PIC some kind of boot loader in order to program the EEPROM. And then program the memory again.

It seems I should do it the other way around. First program the EEPROM and then the PIC.

Is that so? Thanks for your help.....

Yes, that's what I said didn't I?
First you need to put a program in the pic wich, when it runs, will program the eeprom data. Once this is done you reprogram the pic with the actual pic software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back