Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems in transmitting 8 bits data

Status
Not open for further replies.

flobb

I'm currently doing a project involving RF transmission. I have to send 8 bits parallel data and encode it to serial data in order to send the data to transmitter and vice versa for receiver part. However, I couldn't find any 8 bits decoder ic in Msia. So, I'm now planning to use HT 12d but HT 12D has only 4 bits data line. Can I use HT 12D to transmit 8 bits data in some way? Please Help .. thanks

I'm currently doing a project involving RF transmission. I have to send 8 bits parallel data and encode it to serial data in order to send the data to transmitter and vice versa for receiver part. However, I couldn't find any 8 bits decoder ic in Msia. So, I'm now planning to use HT 12d but HT 12D has only 4 bits data line. Can I use HT 12D to transmit 8 bits data in some way? Please Help .. thanks

The HT series are simple remote control devices (like a crude TV remote), not data transmitters.

It's pretty easy to use PIC's to do this, and examples are in my tutorials, you can also use proper data endoding/decoding chips like these, along with conversion to and from serial:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back