Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems actually "programming"

Status
Not open for further replies.
....have tested the voltage on pin Ra2 and ground, it goes from .7v, to .5V(approx) when the transmitter button is pressed (only one iR LED emitting, with another normal LED to see it visually. Again, none of the LEDs on the receiver light up. does that mean I've messed up the code?

ok.....been pressing the transmitter button alot....was going to stop for a while, so took off the +ve supply wire, and, put it back in 2 seconds later, and one of the receiver leds came on for the "set" delay time.....this has happened a couple of times......

I must have made a small error somewhere......

ok...still playing around alot with circuit. another symptom is, sometimes, when disconnecting the power to the circuit, the IR leds (one is a normal LED) are flashing slowly (think this is it stuck in the nop part of code [i don't know]), even if i disconnect the power then re connect, it will still be flashing. I checked all the chip pins, and, they're all high. The flashing will stop after pressing buttons/reconnecting several times.

still havn't got it to turn on the receiver led seamlessly, but, we're very close. any ideaS?

timothyjackson said:
still havn't got it to turn on the receiver led seamlessly, but, we're very close. any ideaS?

Only that you've probably made some other mistakes somewhere, the code and boards from my tutorials work reliably, but it's obviously difficult to try and guess what might be wrong?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
timothyjackson said:

Only that you've probably made some other mistakes somewhere, the code and boards from my tutorials work reliably, but it's obviously difficult to try and guess what might be wrong?.

I know the feeling. I'm completley in the dark.

Could you offer any guidance to problem solving, based on the symptoms posted?

i.e. areas of code which might be wrong?
checks that could be made?

would really appreciate it (am away from pc until late this evening)

timothyjackson said:
I know the feeling. I'm completley in the dark.

Could you offer any guidance to problem solving, based on the symptoms posted?

i.e. areas of code which might be wrong?
checks that could be made?

would really appreciate it (am away from pc until late this evening)

Carry on with the added rem's, can you find inputs which work all the time, or fail all the time.

It really is totally random. None of the receiver LEDS come on after pressing a transmitter button. They "have" come on when dis/re connecting the power, again, this is totally random.

hmmm. :?

This is the fun part i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back