Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with transistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaar3l

Hello
**broken link removed**
I followed that scheme. One difference is that I used TIP122 transistors. I am using 12v power supply.
When I connect power supply and without computer the transistors should be at "off" state, but they aren't.

Could anyone help me?

PC parallel ports are notoriously bad at sourcing current in the high state. They are very whimpy in the high state; they are lucky to source 1mA@3V . OTOH, they can sink about 20mA when at 0V.

The TIP122 (see here) has resistors between base and emitter. With the base open, they should be off. With the base open, if yours are on, then you have them wired wrong.

Well as the TIP122 is a darlington pair, you shouldn't have any problem with providing enough current.

However, there are no freewheel diodes in that schematic. There will be a huge voltage spike as the stepper is turned off, which has blown the TIP122.

They could also be wired wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back