Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with Transistor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electroenthusiast

i was using a transistor as an amplifier in an voltage divider bias circuit...
the transistor was SL-100, Metal can/ to package...
As soon as i touched the transistor with bare hands,
the output of the amplifier used to go to zero?
may i know this happend why? Was this experienced by anyone too? :)

Some old metal can transistors had the one of the wires also connected to the can. Use an Ohmmeter to check yours.

Last edited:
Yes, most metal can bipolar transistor have the collector (substrate) connected to the case.

By touching the collector you're diverting the signal to 0V.

I think that people with a problem with a very old transistor that is available only in India where most of us have never been, should post questions about it on a website in India.

Perhaps you should go to India to see what it's really like?

Perhaps you should go to India to see what it's really like?

I have been there, several times, and yes I know what it is like!:eek:

I would not wish it on anybody, even AG!;)

JimB

Me go to India?
I would not enjoy being cooked by the weather and being surrounded by poverty and crowding.

Me go to India?
I would not enjoy being cooked by the weather and being surrounded by poverty and crowding.

weather here is cool, not as cool as Canada!...dont worry abt it!
Poverty? i dont accept it....it was years before, India has changed, many b(m)illionaires in India!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back