Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with Solar Tracker circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

the 10K resistor is the gate control resistor and the 100K resistor is the gate discharge resistor. It helps discharging the gate of the FET when switching the transistor off.

Please help me. I have found the same circuit from the following link.

The circuit designed by Mr. Richard Gideon. I have made a PCB out of it but no luck. I have following problems:
Following are my observations, please consult following PCB i made. I must mention that i have replaced 2N3904 with BD139.:
**broken link removed**

1- As per given conditions in sketch for Pot1 and POT2 the LED's can be set.
2- After setting, i found that The motor only rotate when the Right most LED(LED1) is in ON condition. When the LED 2 is On motor do not rotate. i.e. The motor rotate in only one direction. When i press Limit switch West side the motor stop.

3- The LED's react to the lighting environments.

4- Only one relay(the LEFT MOST)work the right relay do not work at all.

5- I checked closely the circuit and found that the right relay is connected wrong so i change the connections for RELAY-EAST as shown in attached picture.
**broken link removed**
6- After reversing the connection i connected to the power supply but still motor do not rotated in opposite direction:( When i adjusted Trimpot 10K a smoke came out of it.

I am not electronic guru but if some one point to me in the right directions. How the connection to be made to the DPDT relay. Please down load the picture 1 and in a Paint program help me drawing rough sketch.

I didn't made schematic. I directly draw the PCB by manual tracing.
Kindly help me.

Last edited:
you could post in a new thread, it seems not a professional schematic, i have seen many batter ones for the same application. there is a chance both relays can be operated at the same time..

TheEngineer... I have been trying to get this same cir working and starting to go nuts.My east motor relay stays pulled in and that will cause the motor to always run. Im still doing this on a bread board. What changes did you do to make this cir.work? sure would be nice to know.I have took this apart about 3 times already. hee hee
This is the cir. you built, Also what is the reason they used DPDT relays? it looks like they only use one set of contacts.
sure would like to get this working.
Tks alot
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back