Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with simple bistable 555 circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsi77

Hello All,

I just bought a simple circuit design software (TINA basic) and drew a simple 555 circuit which I want to use for a new project. The first circuit I made (bistable) is supposed to lock the output in the high/low position if you temporarily touch Trigger/Reset to ground. I try testing the circuit with a virtual Multimeter and it doesn't lock at all--the output stays in the low position unless I'm touching the trigger to ground (push momentary 1 in attached diagram). As soon as I let the trigger go high (stop pushing momentary 1) the output (pin3) goes to back to low position.

I thought the software must be wrong, so I made the same circuit on a breadboard and it does exactly the same thing!

Am I missing something? This seems like it should be very easy. :confused:

Any thoughts?

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• BiStable not working.png
    BiStable not working.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 147
hi,
Try it with the THRES pin not connected.

E

Well I found a problem with my breadboard circuit--Pin 1 of the 555 wasn't grounded. Now it works both with pin 6 grounded or not grounded.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm still not sure why my virtual circuit doesn't work--but I guess that's a question for the software makers, not real-live circuit builders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back