Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with Remote Switching

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaLord2

Hi!

I´m a beginer so please be paciente with me:)

My problem is as follow:

I´m trying to create a remote Switch based on an old Toy Remote Car.

Both the remote control and car circuite work perfectly, and each of them work with two 1.5V bateries. My problem is that I want to activate another circuit that work with 12V.

The plan is simple, remove the engine (for wheels) from the car circuit and use the now free wires to activate the 12V circuit.

But how?

Basicly the question is: How can I activate a 12V circuit by suplying a 3V current?

Can anyone help me?

Have you ever used a transistor before?

They can be wired like a voltage controlled switch, you apply a voltage to the 'Base' Terminal and it allow power to travel through it.

Thats an overly simple explanation, but I think it would work - have a look here Transistor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hi!

I´m a beginer so please be paciente with me:)

My problem is as follow:

I´m trying to create a remote Switch based on an old Toy Remote Car.

Both the remote control and car circuite work perfectly, and each of them work with two 1.5V bateries. My problem is that I want to activate another circuit that work with 12V.

The plan is simple, remove the engine (for wheels) from the car circuit and use the now free wires to activate the 12V circuit.

But how?

Basicly the question is: How can I activate a 12V circuit by suplying a 3V current?

Can anyone help me?

hi,
You use the 3V to control a transistor, which controls the 12Vdc.

A Transistor... nice :D

Now I know what component to use... but with one? I made a quick search on trasistors, there are so many that I have no Ideia witch one to use.

Depends upon the amount of current you want to control.

I´m not shure I understand what "current" means... but I´m assuming you are speaking about how many Amp's I want to use.

The 3V has around 1A and the 12V has 4A...

does this help?

what are you going to connect to the 12v, eg what are you switching on?

and do you own a Multimeter - something that can measure voltage, current, resistance ect? If not you can buy a cheap one £2.99 and upwards - as it will always be handy if you have an interest in electronics and will help you answer the next questions you will be asked.

Current: Electric current is the flow of electric charge Electric current - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Voltage: is better explained by wikipedia Voltage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Resistance: is a circuit's (or component's) opposition to current Electrical resistance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
First of all let me thank you all for your help.

Ok, what I want to plug to the 12V batery is a device that require this power, with 4A.

The problem is that I need the 1º circuit (3V) to be able to turn it ON, by it self.

Is there some kind of simple list with specifications where I could easily find what transistor I need?

ah... and yes I have a Multimiter... and I know how o use it:D

Last edited:
Because there are so many terrorists running around blowing themselves up, we don't want to post how to blow things up remotely. It is better for us if all the terrorists blow themselves up then they will be gone.

We would help you if your post did not say "explosion, grenade or remote detonation".

OK... as you can see I removed all the "forbidden words", and deleted all post that now are out of topic.

Would be appropriate for the rest of the members to delete/edit also there own post so the thread makes scene (and removing all the "forbidden words").

Now... with all clean... can some one help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back