Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with regulator/rectifier circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_eaton

Hi all, this is my first post, but I'm really stuck!

I've built a 3 phase rectifier that is working successfully. However, the 3phase input voltage varies from ~30vac to ~150vac. I have a charging circuit designed to be connected to the other end of this circuit, but it will only take 15-20vdc as an input. How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

I'm not an expert, someone here might have a better idea, but i'd say your going to need a transformer inline before the rectifier to get the voltage where you need it before you convert it to DC.

What kind of current do you need for the charging circuit?

Is this a 120/208v wye system? It would help to know where in the world your located. Is there a reason you need all three legs and can't just use one for the charger? That would make the transformer solution much easier.

the input voltage is coming from a motorcycle ac generator. the voltage varies depending on the speed of the engine. the charging unit which i have accepts 15 to 20vdc. the rectifier is currently giving me between 30 and upwards of 150vdc

Hmmm, well, i'm not too familiar with motorcycles or what type of generators they use, but a few members here are, and hopfully they will chime in with some input.

What are you charging? The amount of current (amps) you need is important in finding a solution.

I take it there is no battery on this bike? No regulation circuit?

What kind of bike is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back