Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with PIC16f72

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really appreciate everyone here trying to help. I think am really very far behind in electronics. If u have help on basic electronics, i 'd appreciate. Thanks a lot

So I either use the resistor or transistors.

No, you MUST use the resistors regardless, you only need the transistors if you're switching the entire 7 segment display and wanting to run at higher currents than the PIC can support.

My 8x8 LED matrix tutorial board uses no transistors (in order to keep it simple) and survives quite happily - but for the tutorials we're not looking for 'super' brightness or anything.

So I either use the resistor or transistors.
The resistor used with the LED is to limit the current. If you use a transistor you will still use a resistor on its base to limit current to the transistor.

If you intend to lay out PCBs in the future learn to use eagle. It allows you to create the schematic. Then when you layout the PCB the software uses your schematic to help you create the artwork. It shows you what pins need to be connected with airwires or rubber bands, both are just another way of saying lines. It saves a lot of time.

Your first concern is still determining if the PIC is running code.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back