Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with PIC 16F84A counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivanho

I AM USING AN ENCODER FOR THE POSITIONING OF A ROBOT, BUT I HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE PIC IN COUNTING THE SIGNAL. I AM USING A NPN THAT HAS A COLLECTOR DIRECTLY CONNECTED TO THE VCC AND AN EMITTER RSISTANCE OF 470 OHMS AND TAKING THE SIGNAL FROM THE EMITTER DIRECTLY TO THE PIN BUT THERE WAS NO RESPONSE FROM THE CHIP. THE OUTPUT SIGNAL SATISFIES THE HIGH AND LOW REQUIREMENTS OF THE PIC WHEN THE NPN IS ON & OFF.
SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM???
THNX

16F84A counter problem

of course it is.
if anyone could tell me the steps for enabling the counter in a write way because i don't have a reference knowledge to tell me weather i am right or wrong.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back