Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with output from a demodulator (multiplier)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpradhan1

I am working on a project which is based on lock in amplification. Basically the main phase of the design is the phase sensitive detection where demodulation(multiplication) of two signals takes place.

For my project I have to extract a very weak signal buried in large noise. In the demodulator stage, the circuit works fine if i just multiply a simple sine wave and a square wave havin da same phase as it provides me fully rectified signal. But if I add the noise signal with the sin wave and then perform the demodulation step, the output does not turn out to be fully rectified signal.

I have tried lookin at all the specs but I cant figure out whats wrong with the procedure. Can anyone please please help me out with this ?? I will really appreaciate the help :)

What does the output look like with noise added? Is it the rectified sine wave with nose?

I am working on a project which is based on lock in amplification. Basically the main phase of the design is the phase sensitive detection where demodulation(multiplication) of two signals takes place.

For my project I have to extract a very weak signal buried in large noise. In the demodulator stage, the circuit works fine if i just multiply a simple sine wave and a square wave havin da same phase as it provides me fully rectified signal. But if I add the noise signal with the sin wave and then perform the demodulation step, the output does not turn out to be fully rectified signal.

I have tried lookin at all the specs but I cant figure out whats wrong with the procedure. Can anyone please please help me out with this ?? I will really appreaciate the help :)

If you are trying to extract signal with wide bandwidth noise, then you need to apply a band pass filter at the frequency of the signal you're interested, prior to the modulator (multiplier).

Code:
What does the output look like with noise added? Is it the rectified sine wave with nose?

the output of the demodulator is more like a half rectified wave where i am supposed to be gettin a fully rectified wave ... i have tried changin the various options of the circuit but still no luck

If you are trying to extract signal with wide bandwidth noise, then you need to apply a band pass filter at the frequency of the signal you're interested, prior to the modulator (multiplier).

the noise i am generating is thru da avalanche effect of a zener diode ... so am not quite sure how to chek for the bandwidth .... and also i have tried increasin the frequency of the noise to check but still no luk .... cud u help me out please ?

thanks for the earlier reply :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back