Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with noise generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpradhan1

Hi guys I know I have already asked the question but, I am having problem generating noise source in a practical circuit. According to some advice i recently got, i tried using a zener diode in a reverse biased direction and inputting it to the negative terminal of an op amp while keeping the positive terminal grounded. I did not see any trace of noise source in the oscillloscope. Can anyone tell me whether the process i am applying is wrong and if so whether there are any other ways of doing it? Thanks a lot

Try the same idea with a small signal transistor. You can try 12v to 15v and then reduce the voltage.
We use this idea for Steam Noise for model trains.

Here's the circuit:
**broken link removed**

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
You can always go to the noise experts.
**broken link removed**

Try the same idea with a small signal transistor. You can try 12v to 15v and then reduce the voltage.
We use this idea for Steam Noise for model trains.

TALKINGELECTRONICS.com

I like your old school approach...:)

Hi thanks for the help, but i am confused about one of the parts of ur schematics. The 8R speaker, what exactly is that? Are there any easier ways of doing this ? I cant use noise components like the one shown by the noise experts, I have to using basic simple electronic components. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

As I mentioned earlier I have to create the source using basic components, which involve restricting myself to my lab components, so is there any simpler way of doing it ? Thanks for the help anyways on da first place

Your circuit is undoubtedly very simple, I am sure I can get all the components in my lab excepting the speaker, any replacement for that ? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back