Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with new LG 37" LCD TV (model 37LD450)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PT1032

Just bought a new LG 37" LCD model 37LD450 and it appears that the TV is not accepting commands from the remote control or the panel buttons on the TV itself.

I plugged in the TV fresh out of the box and the settings menu appears to select default language setting (English) the first time the TV is powered up, but the remote control does not work so I tried using the buttons on the TV and no response either. Have to literally unplug TV to turn power off because power buttons don't work. I've tried the obvious fixes like replacing batteries in the remote but still nothing.

Just wanted to post in the forum in case any members have had a similar experience or have some ideas about what's going on. Again, TV is new and under warranty but wanted to see if anyone has any ideas before I contact LG for a replacement.

Thanks in advance.

-Paul

Just bought a new LG 37" LCD model 37LD450 and it appears that the TV is not accepting commands from the remote control or the panel buttons on the TV itself.

I plugged in the TV fresh out of the box and the settings menu appears to select default language setting (English) the first time the TV is powered up, but the remote control does not work so I tried using the buttons on the TV and no response either. Have to literally unplug TV to turn power off because power buttons don't work. I've tried the obvious fixes like replacing batteries in the remote but still nothing.

Just wanted to post in the forum in case any members have had a similar experience or have some ideas about what's going on. Again, TV is new and under warranty but wanted to see if anyone has any ideas before I contact LG for a replacement.

Thanks in advance.

-Paul

It's probably just another pice of crap from china!

Return it and I'd suggest buying a better brand like Panasonic.

-Ben

I experienced a similar peoblem on a set where that problem is not common in that model so eventually i found the defect to be in my unit only not with the model itself so check with where you bought it if your set is defected in order to request placement!

Thanks in advance.

-Paul

If you dont feel like returning it (you should really though) check the remote with something like a camera. Many cameras will pick up the ir signal from the remote so you can tell if it is really putting out the signal as it should. You could also try a universal remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back