Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with mesh network (ZigBee).

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphacat

Hello.

I did the following experiment:
networkexperiment-jpg.30562

(EP - Endpoint - is a router).

In ZigBee, the mesh network should work by default, therefore I think that its an HW problem.
I was wondering maybe you could contibute anything to that matter and give me an idea of why would EP#2 experience frequent disconnections from network.

Thank you.

Attachments

• networkexperiment.jpg
    networkexperiment.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:
ZigBee questions don't get much traction on this forum, I'm afraid. Apparently not much experience with it - might want to try another forum.

What little I know about it (from salesmen trying to peddle it) fits with that diagram and the mesh network approach, EP#1 is acting as a relay between the coordinator and EP#2.

Perhaps EP#2 simply sits in an area that's bad for radio reception. This isn't always something obvious - even though there's an open path, metal objects in the room can reflect a signal in such a way that it arrives out of phase (Google "multipath problem") at the antenna. You might try moving EP#2 around a little and see if that affects the disconnection rate.

Thanks.
Yes I noticed that not many people use ZigBee for communication.
Thanks for the advice.
Unfortunely it happens everywhere I put EP#2 that is not close enough for it to recieve the Coordinator.

I'm looking for a regular indoor range, where you have two units, each at a different end of the house, communicating with each other.
The reception is not so good right now.
Distance between Coordinator and EP#1 was about 18 feet, and the distance between Coordinator and EP#2 was about 24 feet (the distance between EP#2 and EP#1 was about 6 feet).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back