Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem With INVERTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

cranker

Here Is the Diagram ...
I am Using IRFP450 Instead OF IRF530
The Problem Is That IC IR2110 Got Heated As it is On ....
TL494 Is genearting Frequency Correctly But I am Not Getting The Output At Inverter :(

Attachments

• asgfg.JPG
    asgfg.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
I dont think the different FET is the root cause of the problem. What is happening here is that M2 switches on and shorts C5/C7 to ground thus charging them up to Vdd. This voltage then acts as a high side drive to for M1. Therefore you should get 12V pulses at LO and (12V+Vdd) pulses at HO. In other words the voltage at HO should be above your input voltage. The gate resistors stop the drivers LO and HO oscillating with the capacitance of the gates. The parallel diodes provide a fast turn off path. If these are the waveforms you are seeing, then it is probably a blown chip. If not, look further to see what have gone wrong...

I'd suspect a wrong connection around U2.
Double-check the orientation of U2 and look for solder bridges between pins/tracks.
Can you scope/measure the U2 voltages and post results?

Not sure if this is your problem, but C5 should be from Vcc to ground not on Vb.

Not sure if this is your problem, but C5 should be from Vcc to ground not on Vb.

C5 connecton is correct as is. Putting it to ground will definitely make it not work. This is the bootstrap boost cap. It needs to be refreshed when lower MOSFET conducts to ground.

C5 connecton is correct as is

No. C7 is the bootstrap cap. These are nominally 100nF, sometimes upto 470nF, rarely larger. C5 looks like a decoupling cap, so I would connects its negative terminal to 0V

thnkz Every One For Ur Reply , here Some Questions Arises In My Mind ....
1. what will happen If I Increases the M1 drain Voltage to 220 Vdc ???
2. If I can Use 1N4007 Diode Instead Of D3???
3. What Is the Function Of R6 And R7 ???
4. What Is The Purpose Of D4 And D5??? And plz specify Diode Specifications???
5. If i am Driving A load which Consumes 6 A Of Current Should I Use Step Down Transformer ???And IC ir2110 Is Of max 2 A ...Is it Ok ????

With 220V you are playing with fire and you need to exercise extreme caution. If you are deriving 220V from the mains, you will probably end up getting 340V dc by the time you have rectified it.

It is possible to run such a circuit with 220V dc, but you need to know what you are doing.

Rate the FETs to 400V minimum to allow headroom for breakdown etc
You can use a 1N4007 for D3

R6 and R7 are explained above - they stop oscillations
When the outputs Lo and HO go low, D4 and D5 provide a fast discharge of the gates of the FETs (they bypass the resistors R6 and R7). 1N4001 should be OK
Your circuit should be OK providing 6A load current without a transformer

I still have grave reservations about using this circuit with 220V, but it should be possible if you know what you are doing

thnk u So MuCh simonbramble !!!!
1. From M1 Source And M2 Drain i take High Frequeny AC Voltage my Question Is that Where sould I place The Other terminal ????

what other terminal? J3 and J4 are your battery and J1 is your output. To be honest, if you are looking to convert a battery voltage to ac mains, this is not my area of expertese. You need to research this a bit more

Ah !!! Tried Alot But The IC IR2110 Got extreme Hot as i On the Circiut :(
Can any One Give me The link For Half /Full Brigde High Frequency Inverter Using TL494, IR2110 And IRFP450 ????
Thankz !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back