Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with flip-flop

Status
Not open for further replies.

folarinv

1, Pls does anybody know if i can use a DC voltage(5v) as the clk input of my d-type flip-flop. assume the voltage will be apllied momentarilytage is

2, would it be possible to use a modulated infra-red signal(sine wave) to trigger a monostable 555-timer

folarinv said:
1, Pls does anybody know if i can use a DC voltage(5v) as the clk input of my d-type flip-flop. assume the voltage will be apllied momentarilytage is

2, would it be possible to use a modulated infra-red signal(sine wave) to trigger a monostable 555-timer
what type of D type FF is it?
what number ? 74 series ? 4000 series?

williB said:
folarinv said:

what type of D type FF is it?
what number ? 74 series ? 4000 series?

The flip-flop is 4013

folarinv said:

1. Yes, but if you are using a momentary switch, you will need a Bounce Suppressor . Search this forum for Bounce Suppressor. There have been several posted in the past including by myself.

2. Yes but you need to square the sine wave with a Schmitt Trigger first.
But why use a 555? There are monostable ICs available that are edge triggered. (The 555 needs a capacitor and resistor to create a sharp pulse for triggering)

Len

ljcox said:
folarinv said:

1. Yes, but if you are using a momentary switch, you will need a Bounce Suppressor . Search this forum for Bounce Suppressor. There have been several posted in the past including by myself.

2. Yes but you need to square the sine wave with a Schmitt Trigger first.
But why use a 555? There are monostable ICs available that are edge triggered. (The 555 needs a capacitor and resistor to create a sharp pulse for triggering)

I believe the capacitor and resisitor only serve to set the period of the monostable, it has nothing to do with the triggering
Len

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back