Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with circuit designed to Light LED's when bass hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

redarator

This is one of my first circuit designs. This circuit works good for the first five minutes it is powered, but after that, the cutoff frequency becomes so low that the LED is never powered on.

I have a large capacitor across the bus not shown in the schematic. Even after I disconnect the power, short the bus, and reconnect power, the cutoff is still too low. I have to wait a couple of minutes to reconnect power for this circuit to work.

While pushing on solder connections, I came across that if I connect (through the resistance in my finger) one of the junctions to ground in the Sallen Keys Low Pass filter, the cutoff sky rockets. But if I touch the same junction to positive, the cutoff plummets.

Any suggestions on what to do to stabilize the cutoff?

Also, I built this at school where I had access to a large amount of test equipment. I no longer have access to any equipment but a meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back