Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with AVR and Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

icabrera

Hello!

I've a problem interfacing a modem with AVR. I'm working in a remote control via Telephone.

I use a US Robotics 56K Modem and AT90S8535 (in STK500).

I connect the modem with PC by RS232 Port, from Hyperterminal i use AT Commands to control the modem. By example, ATD5286 (Calling to other extension), Auto answer, config the modem and other things.

But in the AVR i make a program that sends ATD5286 by RS232 Port... (in order to dial up with the AVR) and the modem doesn't respond. No lights, nothing.

By last, i connect the AVR with Hyperterminal and i can see the commands that i sent with MCU.

Anyone who can help me???

icabrera said:
Hello!

I've a problem interfacing a modem with AVR. I'm working in a remote control via Telephone.

I use a US Robotics 56K Modem and AT90S8535 (in STK500).

I connect the modem with PC by RS232 Port, from Hyperterminal i use AT Commands to control the modem. By example, ATD5286 (Calling to other extension), Auto answer, config the modem and other things.

But in the AVR i make a program that sends ATD5286 by RS232 Port... (in order to dial up with the AVR) and the modem doesn't respond. No lights, nothing.

By last, i connect the AVR with Hyperterminal and i can see the commands that i sent with MCU.

Anyone who can help me???

It's a simple enough thing really, the AVR isn't sending data (or at least the correct data) to the modem. Are you using a MAX232 to give try RS232 levels?, and do you have your transmitted polarity the correct way round?.

Another thought! - are you sending CR/LF at the end of your text string?, and does the modem require that?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back